Dreams come True...Yes they do...in Santa Fe

5/19/14



Yeah, it's been a while.

Sometimes in life, you just get so busy with things that when you do get a spare hour, you spend it watching back episodes of supernatural instead of keeping up with your personal blog. There's no escaping a computer screen really, this is the digital age, but you do need to change up what appears on your screen. And too many hours of html and manuscript can kill a person. I'm convinced.

So now that I've apologized for my long absence - sort of - we can move on to business. Book business. Because that is my biz now.

First, let's deal with the obvious. I am not in Santa Fe. But in my opinion, any opportunity you have to make a Newsies reference, you take. And dreams really do come true. Not always in the way you expect them to. Usually it's better than you originally wanted. Because somebody upstairs knows better. And thank goodness for that.

I mean, what if Jack Kelly really had taken that train to Santa Fe to become a real cowboy? It would have broken my heart. He had to stay in NY to be with his friends. His dream came true - but it was the new dream. The better dream. The newsie dream.

I sometimes get so hung up on the minutia of long-held dreams that I fail to recognize the evolving dreams unfolding before me. Dreams aren't made of steel or concrete. They live and grow because we live and grow. Just the other day I was thinking how cool it would be to live in Nashville. Nashville! This from a person who used to think it a crime to live south of the Hudson River.

But my dreams are re-forming and this time, I'm paying attention.

And in honor of this new-found sense of self awareness, I'm posting a few pics taken right after I got my first paperback copy of the novel in the mail. It's the old dream...tweaked and trimmed and just generally re-made. And I'm free. Like the wind. Like I'm gonna live forever... sing it if you know it!








4 comments:

  1. No day should go by without a Newsies reference! Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photoset! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find out more about the book for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to my website gingermalacko.com for info or you can just click on the book cover in my sidebar and it will take you to amazon. :)

      Delete